Friday, May 13, 2011

Ron Paul Introduces Bill To Protect Raw Milk Sellers | Health Impact News

Ron Paul Introduces Bill To Protect Raw Milk Sellers Health Impact News

I've written about raw milk before. My research says it is healthier in most cases. This is part of the reason we now own a cow (though the fact that I like cows for pets is also a very big factor). Selling Raw milk is illegal in our state.

You know, not all humans are the same and what is right for one isn't necessarily right for others.

My dad is lactose (milk sugar) intolerent. He can't drink store milk or my cow's raw milk. He can drink lactose-free milk without a problem.

I have a friend (and had a child until she was nearly two) that is milk-protein intollerent. This friend cna't drink store milk without serious tummy troubles but she can drink my cows milk with no problem. My little one couldn't even eat cheese, yougurt, or butter without problems (and since mamma was nursing full time, momma couldn't either!) But she could drink raw wilk without any problems. When we butchered that cow, I had to put her on almond milk until she grew out of her allergy.

Why not just buy raw milk for her? As I said above, it's illegal in my state to sell it.

So the law makers have sentenced my friend and my child to no milk (how do you eat cold cereal?) or inferior milk substitutes.

How exactly is this consistent with our Constitution or with a "free" society?

It's time to take back our food.

No comments:

Post a Comment